I absolutely LOVE arts and crafts but when it comes to sewing, I can't do it to save my life. When I came across this super cute polka dot and striped pink fabric, I knew I wanted to create favor bags for my little girl's Birthday party with it, I just had to find a way to do it without sewing. And so here it is - the no sew fabric bags tutorial.
If you would like to give it a try, here is how to do it. It's a piece of cake.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Fabric of your choice. I've used several fabric squares you can find in any craft store.
- Fabric scissors
- Glue gun
- Some pretty ribbon. The one used here is pink seam binding.
- Tags of your choice. I've used my own tags. If interested you can find them in our Tags collection on the website.
HOW TO DO IT:
- Heat up the glue gun.
- Cut your fabric to the desired size. The fabric needs to be cut to the desired width x twice the desired length. For example, my finished bags measure 6 x 9 inches, so I cut my fabric to 6 x 18 inches.
- Once the fabric is cut, fold it in half as shown on the photo above.
- Apply the glue gun along the edges and firmly press the edges together.
And voila! There are your no sew favor bags.
Fill up the bags with goodies of your choice. If you're using cookies and such, don't forget to place them in a cello bag or something similar before putting them inside the fabric bags to prevent staining. Tie the tags of your choice around the bags, and let your guests admire them.
If you decide to make your own, please feel free to tag us on Instagram (@istriadesign) so that we can feature you on our feed.
Have fun creating,